Select All Webinars +
Remove All Selections -
2016 has been a stellar year for malware, and the trends show no signs of slowing down. Join contributing editor Nick Cavalancia in conversation with Tyler Moffitt, Senior Threat Research Analyst at Webroot, as they highlight the year’s nastiest cybercriminal activity. In this interactive webinar, Moffitt will present the nominees for "Malware of the Year," and provide expert insights into the latest news in cybercrime.
Webinar highlights include:
- Malware developments throughout 2016
- What these trends mean for MSPs
- How Ransomware-as-a-Service and the Bitcoin economy have dramatically changed the cybercriminal business model
- A closer look at the nominees for "Malware of the Year"
- Angler | Neutrino | CryptXXX | PadCrypt| KeyRanger | Cerber | CryptoMix
- How MSPs can stay ahead of ransomware and next-generation threats"
It’s an established fact that the threat of Ransomware is a real and growing problem for businesses. The FBI estimates it’s on pace to be a $1-billion-a-year crime in 2016. And that’s not counting the costs of downtime. Lost productivity and business opportunity could – and will – inflate the damage exponentially.
Protecting businesses from the significant impact of ransomware is a growing responsibility, if not an emerging opportunity, for savvy MSPs. Antivirus and backups are commonly deployed defenses against the threat of ransomware, but sadly they are all-to-often not enough.
Join this webchat with MSP Mentor’s contributing editor Khali Henderson and the Solutions Engineer and Technology Evangelist of Panda Security, James Manning, to learn about a better approach – the Adaptive Defense model – that can stop ransomware dead in its tracks.
This session covers:
- The real threat and cost of ransomware to your clients
- How traditional antivirus and backup fall short in preventing ransomware
- How an Adaptive Defense model is a more complete answer to the growing threat of ransomware