Ransomware, a familiar--and unwelcome--issue in IT security circles, has risen sharply in recent months to become one of the top enterprise cyber-security threats of 2016. Ransomware threats in 2015 were up 165% over the previous year, according to a recent study by professors at Northeastern University. Experts say that ransomware has a lot to do with exploitation of the human element – like employees, customers, and suppliers. But organizations can still win with the right technology on their side.
Deploying tech offerings and tools designed to combat ransomware alongside comprehensive company-wide strategies can go a long way in preventing – and in the worst case – mitigating a ransomware incident’s impact. With these tools, MSPs can develop sound strategies to greatly minimize existing opportunities for attacks on their clients.
Learn what you need to become a ransomware expert on Tuesday, May 10th at 2:00pm EST with Dima Kumets, OpenDNS Senior Product manager. In this online event, Kumets will discuss:
- What Ransomware is, and the current risks and threats to different types of SMBs
- How MSPs can communicate the threat of ransomware to their customers; and make it simple for them to understand the risks
- How MSPs can leverage key technology and strategies to de-risk ransomware in their customers’ businesses while ensuring that their own organizations are optimized for success in this space
Also, get answers to frequently asked questions such as:
- How do you and your customers remain on the offense with ransomware?
- How do we avoid these cybercriminals?
Customer awareness of cloud solutions has never been higher with continuous media coverage about hosted/hybrid cloud platforms and new services. Yet, solution providers and MSPs have moved rather slowly to adopt this new model. It involves a different sales cycle, a new kind of contract relationship, and fundamental changes in the economic model.
But the good news is that some solution providers have cracked the code – and you can learn valuable lessons from their experiences. In this webcast, experts from the Penton Technology team will be joined by Lisa Giberti, Director of Strategic Partnerships with NaviSite, to discuss proven tactics for selling cloud solutions. Key topics to be addressed include:
- Understanding the customer landscape: who is adopting cloud, which solutions are selling best, where is the opportunity?
- Identifying the barriers to customer adoption and best practices for overcoming them with your value proposition and sales techniques
- Building a simple, repeatable process for evaluating and selecting the right cloud suppliers for your business
Cryptolocker and other ransomwares have become some of the most powerful threats on the internet. They has evolved over time, morphing from something simple, into a money making machine, challenging MSPs and the security community to find solutions that can keep their clients safe.
This webinar will help you understand things like:
- Ransomware - short history
- Types of ransomware
- Ransomware evolution
- How you can avoid the infection
- What options you have in case of an infection
Virtualization is everywhere, offering operational and price efficiency but requiring more tools and configuration options to ensure the benefits are realized. We’ll focus on one option of legendary debate - agent-based vs. agentless backups in virtual infrastructures. Knowing the technical differences between agent-based and agentless backups will help you identify the benefits of each within different situations. Join Datto on May 17th at 2 pm ET for a free webinar and learn all about the two types of solutions and determine which one is best for you. We’ll cover:
- A little history on the evolution of agent-based backups, Microsoft VSS
- How agentless backups have been enabled by virtual infrastructure
- How to identify scenarios that optimal for agentless backup, and for agent-based
- And more!
You’ve submitted your application; now see where you stand among your peers on 2016 MSPmentor 501.
On May 19, MSPmentor will reveal the results of the annual survey and ranking, the definite benchmark of the managed service provider community.
Tune in to the Penton Technology webinar, brought to you by ConnectWise, at 2 p.m Eastern (11 a.m. Pacific) to hear Penton Technology Channel’s T.C. Doyle and Clarity Channel Advisors’ Jim Lippie as they unveil the results of the study and explain the new methodology. The Penton team, along with Clarity, helped collect and analyze the data and this webinar promises insights never before shared on the MSP community.
MSPmentor and Clarity will examine what makes one MSP more successful than another, how the market is shifting, and what customer trends are propelling progressive MSPs today. In particular, we will share data on:
- How MSPs that have already participated in this year’s survey are stacking up against each other
- Interesting trends from the survey thus far
- New value-added benefits for every company that submits an entry
- A new indexing system that will guide service providers into a prosperous future
This year we promise to prove actionable information and comprehensive takeaways that only MSPmentor and Clarity can provide.
In the fast-paced, changing IT market, demand for trusted service providers who can help customers overcome risk and manage the chaos will continue to increase. That means MSPs have a golden opportunity – If you’re able to expand your portfolio and add complementary offerings without reducing your own service quality. Get the balance right and you’ll retain loyal customers and attract new ones. Join the experts from MSPmentor and Insight on June 7th as we explain 6 specific strategies that will help you diversify your revenue streams and position your company for sustainable success.
The journey to the cloud is now one of the top issues CIOs, CEOs and CFOs are grappling with. Cloud adoption among SMBs and enterprises is growing at an unprecedented pace. 2016 is expected to be a pivotal year in which cloud adoption will significantly outperform estimates, according to CompTIA’s annual 2016 IT study.
If accelerating your cloud business is on your mind, come join industry leader Steve Robinson; a cloud industry thought leader from Arrow’s Next Generation Cloud Practice for an insightful discussion.
Find answers to top-of-mind questions:
- How mature and successful is my cloud practice?
- What resources, tools, and programs would enable my company’s growth?
- Are there common industry best cloud practices I need to know?
In this session you will learn about:
- Success blueprints for standing up cloud practices and differentiating your business
- The best market opportunities for the channel / MSP market to deploy cloud
- Where and how best to focus your cloud investments
- How important cloud assessments are, and how to monetize them
According to Cloud Genera, $1 of a cloud assessment typically drives $15 of cloud revenue. In addition, assessments are one of the most valued tools the CXO community uses to make their cloud decisions, thereby offering a compelling lead generation and revenue source.
Join us to learn how to accelerate your business’ cloud journey.
Unplanned downtime of mission critical applications jumped 27% last year according to recent research. As a result, organizations still struggle to meet user and customer expectation. Cisco and Veeam help you deliver simple solutions on hyperconverged infrastructure for quickly deploying, managing and scaling data protection and disaster recovery. Veeam and Cisco bring together the ease and IT efficiency of Cisco HyperFlex next-generation hyperconverged infrastructure and Veeam Availability Solutions to create new opportunities that the Always-On Enterprise™.
Join us and see how partnering with Veeam helps expand your Cisco opportunities to sell deeper and across organizations.