As an MSP, your clients rely on you to efficiently and effectively protect their organizations without disrupting their day-to-day business. But in today’s ever-evolving malware landscape, how can service providers address the wide range of security issues their customers face? Join this complimentary webinar to learn about the cyber threats 800+ IT security pros have been seeing and what they’re doing to address them.
- Cyber threats seen by IT security pros from organizations in 19 industries across North America and Europe
- The security concerns customers have and what those concerns mean for MSPs
- How the Webroot® Channel Edge® MSP Program can help you secure customers AND your bottom line
Microsoft is ending its support for Windows Server 2003 in July 2015. That means users have three short months to migrate their applications to another platform or face myriad risks including security vulnerabilities and non-compliance. In this webcast, Carbonite’s Chris Golub will discuss the opportunity solution providers have in helping their customers make the migration, including:
- Which migration option (software, hardware, cloud) is the best choice
- Best practices for performing a Windows Server 2003 migration
- The role backup should play in any migration, regardless of size or application
Join Rob Rae, VP of Business Development with Datto and Steve Lewis, Senior Client Advisor with Service Leadership, Inc., for an actionable and compelling session for MSP executives on how to integrate risk-benefit into your selling motions, as do the top performing MSPs.
Top performing MSPs know that closing good deals means not just selling cost-benefit but also risk-benefit. These MSPs at high Operational Maturity Level© – that is, generating high growth, profits and service quality – focus on attracting customers who not only understand the upside of great IT in reaching their business goal, but also understand the need to minimize the downside risk of IT as well. This allows them to sell a win/win outcome: delivering high value in terms of cost- and risk-benefit while securing the customer’s buy-in to the safest operating practices for both parties.
Included in this session will be a live Q&A segment in which attendees can anonymously ask questions of the Subject Matter Experts from both companies.
The majority of SMB clients store most or all of their data on an on-premises file server: a status quo which has unfortunately created data silos, inhibited collaboration, and forced employees to struggle with outdated remote access technologies. But is there a better way? In this Channel Expert Hour, join Ted Hulsy, Vice President of Marketing at eFolder, and an eFolder partner, as they share how to make the file server more accessible using business-grade file sync.
Intense competitive pressures. Swirling market forces. The current tech services landscape resembles that of a perfect storm. Service providers are fighting battles on every front and must find ways to adapt in a rapidly evolving world.
The key to survival for IT companies? Building a workforce that helps them:
- Respond to unpredictable market conditions in real-time.
- Proactively anticipate market trends
- Leverage data to make real-time decisions
- Accelerate service delivery processes
Register for this 30-minute webinar and learn how today’s top service businesses are leveraging on-demand workforce technology to help them thrive in a modern service world.
Reserve your seat today!
Small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) often believe antivirus (AV) and firewalls provide adequate protection. But as an MSP, you know better. The challenge is, how do you get your customers to buy into better security? Join Dima Kumets, Sr. Product Manager at OpenDNS and Eric Rockwell, CIO/principal at centrexIT, to discuss how MSPs can get customers onboard with the security they really need, bundled into their managed service offerings. Plus, learn how this OpenDNS partner has leveraged advanced cloud security to open new revenue opportunities by increasing the value of his managed service.
In this one-hour webcast, you’ll learn:
- How the way we work has changed our security needs.
- Why cybercriminals target small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs).
- How to explain the importance of security to non-technical customers.
- What you can do to protect your customers in a standardized, repeatable way.
- Real world tips on increasing your revenues straight from another MSP, Eric Rockwell.